Playing in a pub near you Clevedon actors star In Cider Story
By Carol_Deacon | Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:24
STOP PRESS: Extra night added to tour. This is at 7.30pm on Sunday, March 10, at the Teignmouth Room, Main House, Community Centre, Princes Road, Clevedon. Tickets: £6 from 01275 873405 including a free drink. Further details from Clevedon Players by clicking HERE.
In Cider Story
Howard and Stu in their previous production
From the team that brought you the sell-out The Six Wives of Henry VIII are touring local pubs with a new story about cider drinkers.
In Cider Story will be an unforgettable night down your local, North Somerset-style.
Starring two Clevedonian actors Howard Coggins and Stu McLoughlin, of Living Spit, the pair played to rave reviews in the self-penned King Hal romp.
Both actors are rolling in from a five star run of Peter Pan at the Bristol Old Vic.
This new piece of pub theatre that tells a traditional tale with contemporary twist featuring apples, moles, fiddling and two brothers fighting over the use and abuse of their inherited land.
Drink it in and go home reeling ... with the buzz of a really good night out.
Written by the acclaimed Adam Peck (Cinderella, Tobacco Factory Christmas Show 2011) with live music from Elizabeth Westcott (Good Clown Bad Clown, Hey Diddle Diddle Bristol Old Vic) and produced by Theatre Orchard, In Cider Story will be touring to North Somerset pubs from Monday to Thursday, March 11-21.
This production is supported by North Somerset Council, the National Lottery through Arts Council England Grants for the Arts, Fairshare Trust, and Bristol Old Vic Ferment.
It was commissioned to counteract the disappearing acts of local pubs in North Somerset.
Entry is free but donations are welcome and all shows begin at 8.30pm.
- Monday, March 11 - The Brewers Arms, Church Street, Banwell, BS29 6EA
- Tuesday, March 12 - New Inn, Park Lane, Blagdon, BS40 7SB
- Wednesday, March 13 - The Railway Inn, 6 Station Road, Yatton, BS49 4AJ
- Thursday, March 14 - The King's Arms, 12 St George's Hill, Easton-in-Gordano, BS20 OPS
- Monday, March 18 - The Old Barn, Clevedon Road, Wraxall, BS48 1BU
- Tuesday, March 19 - Ring O Bells, 4 St Marys Grove, Nailsea, BS48 4NQ
- Wednesday, March 20 - Old Inn, Paul's Causeway, Congresbury, BS49 5DH
- Thursday, March 21 - Golden Lion, Broad Street, Wrington, BS40 5LA